Report on the United States and Mexican boundary survey : made under the direction of the Secretary of the Interior / by William H. Emory, Major First Cavalry, and the United States Commissioner.
- Washington : Cornelius Wendell, Printer, 1857-1859.
- 34th Cong., 1st sess. House. Ex. doc. ; 135
- Government document
2 v. : ill. (some col.), maps (some fold.) ; 29 cm.
- Geology -- Southwest, New.
Botany -- Southwest, New.
Zoology -- Southwest, New.
United States -- Boundaries -- Mexico.
Mexico -- Boundaries -- United States.
United States -- Exploring expeditions.
- v.1. pt. 1. Personal account. General description of the country. Lower Rio Bravo. From mouth of Devil's River to El Paso del Norte. Sketch of territory acquired by treaty on Dec. 30, 1853. From the 111th meridian of longitude to the Pacific Ocean; Report of Lieut. Michler. Astronomical and geodetic work. Meteorology.- v.1. pt. 2 Geological reports of Dr. C. C. Parry and assistant Arthur Schott. Notes by W. H. Emory. Paleontology and geology of the boundary, by James Hall, of Albany, N.Y. Description of cretaceous and tertiary fossils, by T. A. Conrad, esq.- v.2. pt. 1. Botany of the boundary: Introdution by C. C. Parry, M.D. Botany, by John Torrey, M.D. Cactaceae, by George Engelmann, M.D.- v.2. pt. 2. Zoology of the boundary: Mammals, by S.F. Baird. Birds, by S.F. Baird. Reptiles, by S.F. Baird. Fishes, by C. Girard.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy (v.2, pt. 1) with: Report on the botany of the expedition / by Professor John Torrey. Washington, D.C. [s.n.], 1857. (Folio QK142.T67 1857)
- Penn Chronology:
- Girard, Charles Frédéric, 1822-1895.
Emory, William H. (William Hemsley), 1811-1887.
Baird, Spencer Fullerton, 1823-1887.
Conrad, T. A. (Timothy Abbott), 1803-1877.
Engelmann, George, 1809-1884.
Hall, James, 1811-1898.
Parry, Charles Christopher, 1823-1890.
Schott, Arthur, 1814-1875.
Torrey, John, 1796-1873.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|