The works of Sir William Temple, Bart. : in two volumes : to which is prefix'd Some account of the life and writings of the author.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. 1720
- London : Printed for A. Churchill [and 10 others], 1720.
2 v. : ill. ; 38 cm. (fol.)
- Europe -- Politics and government -- 1648-1715
Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685
- Vol. 1 signed in 4s, v. 2 in 2s and 4s.
Vol. 1 has added engraved frontispiece port. of author.
Vol. 2 includes "Letters written by Sir William Temple, Bart. and other ministers of state, both at home and abroad" and "Letters to the King, the Prince of Orange, the chief ministers and other persons," both published by Jonathan Swift.
- Penn Provenance:
- Forrest, Edwin, Estate of (donor) (Forrest copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745.
Founders Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|