A community of scholars; the university seminars at Columbia / edited by Frank Tannenbaum.
- New York: Praeger 
xii, 177 p. ; 22 cm.
- Columbia University -- History.
Education, Higher -- Addresses, essays, lectures.
- Origin, growth, and theory of the university seminar movement, by F. Tannenbaum. - A source of spiritual power, by J. H. Randall, Jr. - The rationale, by A. Hofstadter. - The seminars and graduate education, by P. F. Lazarsfeld. - An example of spontaneous administration by P. Goodman. - The age of the skilled intellectual, by D. Bell. - The seminars and the university, by L. C. Dunn. - A sturdy new institution, by M. Mead. - The play of the mind, by P. C. Jessup. - A note of reflection, by G. Seldes. - The potential of the university seminar model, by R. Theobald.
- "Partial list of publications by members attributable to the influence of the Columbia University Seminars": p. -177.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|