Bauhaus [videorecording] : the face of the 20th century / written and narrated by Frank Whitford ; produced by Julia Cave ; an RM Arts/BBC co-production in association with NOS TV3.
- Other Title:
- Bauhaus, the face of the 20th century
Face of the 20th century
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences [distributor], c1996.
1 videocassette (50 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
Design -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Art -- Study and teaching -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Architecture -- Study and teaching -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Local subjects:
- Art and architecture videos.
- Television programs.
Documentary television programs.
Cultural television programs.
- Some German dialogue with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Looks at the development of the Bauhaus and at the key figures involved in it -- including the founder Walter Gropius, his successor Mies van der Rohe, Lásló Moholy-Nagy, and Josef Albers. The program also sets the history of the Bauhaus in the context of the political unrest and economic chaos of the Weimar Republic in Germany. Former students discuss their time at the Bauhaus and architect Philip Johnson tells how it influenced his work. Contains rare archival footage of the Bauhaus at Dessau and looks at the architecture of Chicago, much influenced by Mies van der Rohe, who emmigrated there after the Bauhaus was shut by the Nazis in 1933.
- Consultant, Lutz Becker ; camera, Colin Case, et al... ; film editor, Colin Knieff ; research, Brigitte Downey, Declan Smith ; music, Howard J. Davidson.
- Originally produced and copyrighted in 1994.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Whitford, Frank. , Author, Narrator
Cave, Julia. , Producer
Becker, Lutz. , Consultant
Gropius, Walter, 1883-1969. , Artist
Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969. , Artist
Johnson, Philip, 1906-2005. ,
RM Arts (Firm) , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service. , Producer
NOS TV3. , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 6271 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|