The regulatory craft : controlling risks, solving problems, and managing compliance / Malcolm K. Sparrow.
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, c2000.
xxii, 346 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Trade regulation -- United States.
Industrial policy -- United States.
Compliance -- United States.
Administrative procedure -- United States.
Government paperwork -- United States.
- pt. 1. The challenges of regulation. Pressures. Ideas. Party politics. Customer service : merits and limits. Process improvement : merits and limits
pt. 2. The emergence of regulatory craftsmanship. Innovations and reform. The elements of reform. The search for results that count. Problem solving : a different kind of work. The stages of problem solving. The problem-solving infrastructure. The Boston gun project. Of strategies reactive, preventive, and proactive. Balanced versus integrated compliance strategies
pt. 3. The elusive art of risk control. Centrality of the risk control challenge. Finding resources, making space. Managing discretion. Strategic and operational intelligence analysis
pt. 4. Demonstrating results. Measuring a risk control performance. Connecting the fabric. Conclusion.
- "Council for Excellence in Government."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Brookings Institution.
- 0815780656 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|