Molly Bannaky / written by Alice McGill ; pictures by Chris K. Soentpiet.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Company, 1999.
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 33 cm.
- Bannaky, Molly, b. ca. 1666 -- Juvenile fiction.
Banneker, Benjamin, 1731-1806 -- Family -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- Bannaky, Molly, b. ca. 1666 -- Fiction.
Banneker, Benjamin, 1731-1806 -- Family -- Fiction.
Maryland -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Fiction.
Interracial marriage -- Fiction.
Slavery -- Fiction.
African Americans -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Relates how Benjamin Banneker's grandmother journeyed from England to Maryland in the late seventeenth century, worked as an indentured servant, began a farm of her own, and married a freed slave.
- "The text of this book is set in 14-point Minion Semibold."
"The illustrations are watercolor on illustration board."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has autograph of Alice McGill.
Banks Collection copy has silver sticker "Jane Addams Peace Association. Jane Addams Children's Book Award" on dustjacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
McGill, Alice (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Soentpiet, Chris K., illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 039572287X :