Style wars [videorecording] / produced by Tony Silver and Henry Chalfant ; directed by Tony Silver.
- New York, N.Y. : Public Art Films, c1983.
1 videocassette (69 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Hip-hop -- New York (State) -- New York.
Break dancing -- New York (State) -- New York.
New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs -- New York (State) -- New York.
Subways -- New York (State) -- New York.
Graffiti -- Social aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- A documentary exploration of aspects of the hiphop subculture of New York City as of 1982: rap, breakdancers, and primarily its young graffiti writers, showing their activities and aspirations and the social and aesthetic controversies surrounding New York graffiti. Dramatizes conflicts between graffitists and the city, as well as among the graffitists themselves.
- Narrator, Sam Schacht.
- Cinematography, Burleigh Wartes ; coordinating producer, Linda Habib ; editor, Sam Pollard.
- "Broadcast version"--Container and cassette label.
- Silver, Tony. , Director, Producer
Chalfant, Henry. , Producer
Plexifilm (Firm) , Producer
Public Art Films, Inc. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|