Apachen [videorecording] = Apaches / DEFA Studio für Spielfilme, Gruppe Babelsberg ; director, Gottfried Kolditz.
- Other Title:
- [Northampton] : ICESTORM International Inc. In association with the University of Massachusetts, c1999.
1 videocassette (90 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Apache Indians -- Drama.
Indians in motion pictures.
Motion pictures, German.
- Feature films.
- In German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "Mexico, 1846, Johnson, an American sociologist, discovers a vast source of precious metals on a Mimbreno-Apache reservation. He decides to annex this territory to the U.S., then expel and exterminate the Indians. He also benefits personally as the U.S. government is paying $100 for every scalp of a warrior, $50 for a women's and $25 for a child's. Only a few survive this massacre. But, the young warrior Ulzana is out for revenge for his tribe." Director Gottfried Kolditz wrote the script together with the leading actor Gojko Mitic. They based it upon original documents and reconstructed the imagined atmosphere of the Mexican War (1846-1848) at its beginning. During this time small bands of American scouts were dispatched to Mexico to plot the conquest of targeted regions. These infiltrators also organized provocations and instigated conflicts in the name of different groups.
- Gojko Mitic, Milan Beli.
- Music, Hans-Dieter Hosalia.
- A DEFA production originally released as a motion picture in East Germany in 1973; videocassette copyright by Progress Film-Verleih in 1997.
"Westerns from the East adopting the native American's point of view -- based on actual historical events." -- Container.
"Order Numer 20035"--Cassette case.
- Kolditz, Gottfried, 1922-1982 , Director
Mitic, Gojko. , Actor
Beli, Milan. , Actor
Hosalia, Hans-Dieter. , Composer
DEFA. Studio für Spielfilme. , Producer
Gruppe Babelsberg. , Producer
Icestorm Entertainment GmbH. , Distributor
University of Massachusetts (Amherst campus). , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|