The theatre in the fifties. George Jean Nathan.
- [1st ed.].
- New York, Alfred A. Knopf, 1953. (Norwood, Massachusetts : Composed, printed, and bound by The Plimpton Press)
, 298, viii,  pages 22 cm
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
Drama -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
New York (State) -- New York.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- The state of the theatre
American playwrights, old and new
Sample British imports
Sample continental imports
Shaw and his actresses
Players in general
The musical stage
Critics and reviewers.
- "This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc."
"The purpose of this book is not a complete record of the New York theatre in the early years of the 1950's, but rather simply a detailed impression of the over-all picture."--Author's Note.
"The typography and binding are based on original designs by W. A. Dwiggins."
Price from dustjacket.
"Jacket design by Joseph Blumenthal."
Blue cloth boards lettered and decorated in gilt on spine. Front cover hwas GJN in decorated box stamped in blind; back cover has Borzoi emblem stamped in blind.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dwiggins, W. A. (William Addison), 1880-1956.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Nathan, George Jean, 1882-1958. Theatre in the fifties.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|