It was like this / Anne Goodwin Winslow.
- Other records:
- First Edition.
- New York, New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 1949. , ©1949.
- Kingsport, Tennessee : Kinsport Press, Inc.
223 pages ; 20 cm
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Mississippi -- 19th century -- Fiction.
Plantations -- Mississippi -- 19th century -- Fiction.
Adopted children -- 19th century -- Fiction.
American fiction -- Women authors -- 20th century.
Mississippi -- 19th century -- Fiction.
American fiction -- Women authors.
Frontier and pioneer life.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
United States Tennessee Kingsport.
- Text in English.
- In printed pictorial paper jacket; publishers' price on page  of jacket; illustrated title; copyright and edition statements from title verso; manufacture and design statements from colophon.
- Local notes:
- Schimmel Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Caroline F. Schimmel.
Schimmel Collection copy has illustrated bookplate of Carolyn Fraser Cole affixed to front pastedown; ms. inscription ("For Carolyn Fraser Cole (of delightful memory) with my sincere regard Anne Winslow") from the author to Carolyn Fraser Cole (1871-1965) on front free endpaer; ms. inscription ("Happy Birthday-Anniversary 1949 Parson and Georgia") recording the gift of this volume from Willard Conwell Teague (nicknamed Parson; 1889-1971) and Georgia Fletcher Teague (née Cole; 1898-1982) on front free endpaper.
Schimmel Collection copy has folded clipping from an unidentified publication with review of this work by Nash K. Burger affixed to blank leaf following front free endpaper.
Schimmel Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline F. (donor) (Schimmel Collection copy)
Cole, Carolyn Fraser, 1871-1965 (inscription) (Schimmel Collection copy)
Teague, Willard Conwell, 1871-1965 (inscription) (Schimmel Collection copy)
Teague, Georgia Fletcher, 1898-1982 (inscription) (Schimmel Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dwiggins, W. A. (William Addison), 1880-1956, binding designer.
Cosgrave, John O'Hara, II, 1908-1968, bookjacket designer.
Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., publisher.
Kingsport Press, printer.
Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Winslow, Anne Goodwin. It was like this.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|