Dreaming a nation [videorecording] / a presentation of Films for the Humanities & Sciences ; a BBC Wales/Primedia co-production in association with Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ... [et al.] ; producer, Colin Thomas ; written by Michael Ignatieff.
- Other Title:
- Title on cassette label and container: Dreaming a nation: the Kurds
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c1994.
- Nationalism : Blood and belonging ; 2
1 videocassette (50 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Kurds -- Iraq, Northern -- Politics and government.
Kurds -- Civil rights -- Iraq, Northern.
Kurds -- Turkey.
Nationalism -- Kurdistan.
Iraq -- Ethnic relations.
Iraq -- Politics and government.
Turkey -- Politics and government.
- Documentary films.
- English, or Kurdish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "This program shows Kurdish children in northern Iraq singing that the Kurds will live forever as jets roar overhead, introduces us to warlords and guerrilla camps, and demonstrates how people who are threatened by genocide feel that a state of their own is their only protection."
- Presented by Michael Ignatieff.
- Film editor, Mali Evans; camera, Jacek Petrycki ... [et al.]; researcher, Sheri Laizer; Kurdish music, Shivan Perwer.
- One episode of a 1983 television series.
- Ignatieff, Michael. , Author, Narrator
Thomas, Colin. , Producer
Perwer, Şivan, 1955- , Composer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
BBC Wales. , Producer
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Primedia Productions. , Producer
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 4605 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|