Le Joli Mai [videorecording] = The Lovely month of May / Sofracime présente ; un film de Chris Marker and Pierre L'Homme.
- Other Title:
- Lovely month of May
- [United States?] : Now showing, [198-?].
1 videocassette (ca. 124 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1944-
Algeria -- History -- Revolution, 1954-1962.
Paris (France) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Feature films.
- In French with English subtitles; narration in English.
- System Details:
- Consists of a series of interviews with ordinary people in the streets of Paris, discussing their lives and feelings while living in France in May, 1962, the year the Algerian War ended.
- French commentary by Yves Montand, English by Simone Signoret.
- Screenplay by Chris Marker, Catherine Valin; photography by Pierre L' Homme; music by Michel Legrand; editor, Eve Zora.
- Videocassette release of the 1963 motion picture.
"In the English version, the song which links the film's two sections was omitted and many interviews were cut, reducing the running time by thirty minutes."--Oxford companion to film, p. 370.
- Marker, Chris, 1921- , Director
L'Homme, Pierre. , Director
Sofracima. , Producer
Now Showing Foreign Films (Firm) , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|