Prisma [electronic resource] / Kaija Saariaho.
- English version.
- [France] : Montaigne, , c1999.
1 CD-ROM : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 sound disc (digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Saariaho, Kaija.
Songs (High voice) with electronics.
Electronic and cello music.
Flute and electronic music.
Electronic and percussion music.
Gardens -- Japan -- Songs and music.
- CD-ROM: text in English; CD audio: 1st work sung in old Provençal.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Pentium/150 PC; 20 MB RAM beyond requirement ot run system; Windows 95 or higher; SVGA (thousands of colors). Also compatible with Macintosh (Power PC 150 Mhz).
- CD-ROM. Prisma. Moissons : the flutist Camilla Hoitenga and the cellist Anssi Karttunen share their experiences performing works by Kaija Saariaho ; Spectres : philosopher and composer Jean-Baptiste Barrière describes the role of electronics in Kaija Saariaho's music ; Mirrors : a(n) interactive musical game b(a)sed on a work composed specifically, Mirrors allows the user to create a new composition by combining musical fragments for flute and cello freely or by following rules set by Kaija Saariaho. The piece Mirrors is also presented with an art video produced by Jean-Baptiste Mathieu ; Nuées : a vast collection of multimedia information, original texts, audio samples, video, scores, photos and animations ; Amers : the musicologist Ivanka Stoianova gives an accessible analysis of Kaija Saariaho's Amers.
CD Audio. Private garden. Lonh (15:46) ; Près (19:18) ; Noanoa (8:40) ; Six Japanese gardens (18:52).
- Dawn Upshaw, soprano (1st work) ; Anssi Karttunen, cello (2nd work) ; Camilla Hoitenga, flute (3rd work) ; Florent Jodelet, percussion (4th work).
- "An original concept, educational and recreational. Prisma is the first CD-ROM didicated to a contemporary composer, Kaija Saariaho. Prisma combines musica and visual creativity in an unique multimedia experince: the music, was specially composed by Kaija Saariaho and the graphic design conceived by Raija Malka. More than 15 hours of multimedia animations"--Container.
Title from container.
CD audio: For soprano (1st work), violoncello (2nd work), flute (3rd work), or percussion (4th work); with electronics.
CD audio: recorded Nov. 1996 (3rd work), and Mar. (1st work), Apr. (2nd work), and June (4th work), 1997, Espace de Projection, IRCAM, Paris.
The CD audio previously released in 1997 as Finlandia ODE 906-2.
Accompanying matter in French and English.
- Local notes:
- 1 publisher's descriptive leaf tipped in.
- Malka, Raija.
Upshaw, Dawn. , Performer
Karttunen, Anssi. , Performer
Hoitenga, Camilla. , Performer
Jodelet, Florent, 1962- , Performer
- Saariaho, Kaija. Lonh.
Saariaho, Kaija. Près.
Saariaho, Kaija. Noanoa.
Saariaho, Kaija. Japanese gardens.
- Publisher Number:
- MO 782987 Montaigne
ODE 906-2 Ondine
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|