The three worlds of Bali [videorecording] / a co-production of Public Broadcasting Associates, Inc. and the University of Southern California ; produced [and] directed ... by Ira R. Abrams ; written by J. Stephen Lansing.
- Other Title:
- 3 worlds of Bali
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, c1981.
1 videocassette (58 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Bali Island (Indonesia)
Bali (Indonesia : Province) -- Religious life and customs.
Bali (Indonesia : Province ) -- Civilization.
Balinese (Indonesian people) -- Rites and ceremonies.
Art and society -- Indonesia -- Bali Island.
Animism -- Indonesia -- Bali Island.
Hinduism -- Indonesia -- Bali Island.
Buddhism -- Indonesia -- Bali Island.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and some Balinese with English subtitles.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Anthropologist Steve Lansing guides the viewer on an exploration of the Indonesian island of Bali, which is coming to terms with the technological West. The Balinese make artistic offerings of music, dance, poetry, and even food in order to maintain the delicate balance between the world they live in, the world of the gods, and the world of the demons. The Balinese have retained what was important to them, which is a blend of animism, Hinduism, and Buddhism into a single continuous tradition.
- Narrated by Ira R. Abrams.
- Camera, Peter Smokler ; editor, Johanna Demetrakas.
- Videocassette release of a 1981 segment of the television program Odyssey.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Abrams, Ira R. , Producer, Director
Lansing, John Stephen. , Screenwriter
Public Broadcasting Associates. , Producer
University of Southern California. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|