A treasury of Jewish letters : letters from the famous and the humble / edited by Franz Kobler.
- [New York] : Issued by Farrar, Straus and Young Inc., . (Tonbridge, Kent : Printed by Tonbridge Printers Ltd.)
2 volumes (lxxix, 6702 pages, xx plates of plates) : illustrations, portraits ; 22 cm.
- Maimonides, Moses, 1135-1204 -- Correspondence.
Spinoza, Benedictus de, 1632-1677 -- Correspondence.
Jews -- History -- Sources.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- v. 1. Part One. Letters from the times of the Kings, Prophets, Priests and Makers of the Talmut from the end of the eighth century B.C.E. to the fifth century C.E.; Part Two. Letters from the times of the Geonic and Spanish periods from the eighth to the end of the fiftheenth century
v. 2. Part Three. Letters from the times of the Mystics and Humanists from the beginning of the sixteenth to the middle of the eighteenth century.
- "A publication of the East and West library."
Includes bibliographical references (v. 2, p. 615-643) and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy vollumes 1 and 2 presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jackets retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Herman Potok October 1954".
Potok Collection copy has "All rights reserved by the Ararat Publishing Society Ltd., 51 Hatton Garden, London EC1 1952. Second Edition 1953" on t.p. verso.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Kobler, Franz, 1882-1965
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|