British theatre in the 1950s / edited by Dominic Shellard.
- Other Title:
- British theatre in the nineteen-fifties
- London : Sheffield Academic Press, c2000.
141 p. ; 24 cm.
- Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
English drama -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Congresses.
Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- The early 1950s / Glenda Leeming
1950-54 / Dominic Shellard
Foreign drama and the Lord Chamberlain in the 1950s / Steve Nicholson
Terence Rattigan / Christopher Innes
Harold Pinter's recollections of his career in the 1950s / an interview conducted by Ian Smith
Looking back at Godot / John Bull
Kenneth Tynan / Danny Castle
The 1950s, birthplace of the National Theatres of Great Britain / Fiona Kavanagh Fearon
Apart from Look back in anger, what else was worrying the Lord Chamberlain's Office 1956? / Kathryn Johnson.
- Papers from a conference held at the British Library, Dec. 5, 1997.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Shellard, Dominic.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|