Oratione di Hieremia propheta laquale Fra Girolamo da Ferrara ha co[n]fortato sidebba dire ogni di da qualunche fedele christiano [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. O.T. Lamentations, V. Italian.
- [Florence : Lorenzo Morgiani and Johannes Petri, ca. 1500]
- Place of Publication:
- Italy Florence.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: graphics-capable WWW browser software.
- Digitized and made available in 2000 by the Schoenberg Center for Electronic Text & Image (SCETI) Digital Library, University of Pennsylvania.
Title from title-page (viewed on April 27, 2001).
Translation into Italian of Lamentations V, and Psalm CII, 13-22.
Imprint from Goff.
Not the same ed. described in Sander 6807, which has 30 lines and Latin text at the end. The woodcuts appear to be the same.
Collation of print ed.: 4to. ².  p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
Chancery 4to. Without pagination, signatures, or catchwords. Leaf size: 196 x 127 mm.; area of text: 152 x 99 mm.; 28 lines to a full page; type: 110R.
Psalm CII begins on p. , line 10. Page  has two prayers.
Last sentence of p.  reads: Come era nelprencipio & hora & sem/pre & nel secolo de secoli. Amen.
Last sentence of p.  reads: Per elsignore nostro Iesu xp̄o / tuo figluo elquale teco uiue & regna nella unita del/lo spirito sancto idio per tutti esecoli de secoli.
Four woodcuts: Savonarola preaching to a group of nuns (72 x 100 mm.) (p. ); risen Christ with Veronica's veil (69 x 55 mm.) (p. ); Christ on the cross (35 x 27 mm.) (p. ); chapel scene showing a monk kneeling before a seated man with a halo, two standing figures, and a statue of the Virgin and child on the altar (98 x 74 mm.) (p. ). Cf. Sander no. 6807.
Rubrication not called for.
- Local notes:
- Closely cropped at bottom margin with partial loss of the lower border of the woodcut on p. 
- Penn Chronology:
- 1500 (ca.)
- Cited in:
- Goff S-230
- Savonarola, Girolamo, 1452-1498.
Incunable Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Schoenberg Center for Electronic Text & Image (University of Pennsylvania)
- Bible. O.T. Psalms CII, 13-22. Italian.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|