Staging philanthropy : patriotic women and the national imagination in dynastic Germany, 1813-1916 / Jean H. Quataert.
- Other records:
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2001.
- Social history, popular culture, and politics in Germany
xiv, 317 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Women in charitable work -- Germany -- History.
Women philanthropists -- Germany -- History.
Patriotism -- Germany -- History.
Germany -- Politics and government.
- Dynastic legitimacy and women's philanthropy in German state and nation building
The Landesmutter and philanthropic practices in the new German dynastic states, 1813-1848
The politics of philanthropy under dynastic patronage, 1848 to 1870-71
Civic voluntarism and gift giving in the "caring" state
Cultural performances in the struggle over national community after 1871
Gendered medical war services in the "curing" state
Mobilizing social memory : gendered images of war and sacrifice
Testing patriotic alliances, 1913-1916
Conclusion : a gendered reading of patriotism and power.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|