A place in the sun [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures presents ; a George Stevens production ; directed by George Stevens ; screenplay by Michael Wilson and Harry Brown.
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount, c1998.
- Great American writers series
1 videocassette (120 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Dreiser, Theodore, 1871-1945 -- Film adaptations.
Kearney, Patrick, 1894-1933 -- Film adaptations.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- VHS; Hi-fi; Dolby B NR on linear tracks.
- George Stevens' stunning adaptation of Theodore Dreiser's An American tragedy garnered six Academy Awards and guaranteed immortality for screen lovers Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor. Clift is a poor young man determined to win a place in respectable society and the heart of beautiful socialite Elizabeth Taylor. Shelley Winters plays the factory girl whose dark secret threatens Clift's professional and romantic prospects. Consumed with fear and desire, Clift is ultimately driven to a desperate act of passion that unravels his world forever.
- Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, Shelley Winters, Keefe Brasselle.
- Director of photography, William C. Mellor; edited by William Hornbeck; music score by Franz Waxman.
- Based on An American tragedy / by Theodore Dreiser, and on the Patrick Kearney play adapted from the novel.
Videocassette release of the motion picture produced in 1951.
- Stevens, George, 1904-1975 ,
Wilson, Michael, 1914-1978 , Screenwriter
Brown, Harry, 1917-1986. , Screenwriter
Clift, Montgomery. , Actor
Taylor, Elizabeth, 1932- , Actor
Winters, Shelley. , Actor
Kearney, Patrick, 1894-1933. , Author
Dreiser, Theodore, 1871-1945. , Author
Paramount Pictures Corporation. , Producer, Distributor
- 0792104307 :
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|