North American women's letters and diaries [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries, Colonial to 1950
- Alexandria, Va. : Alexander Street Press, 2001-
1 online resource
Began in 2001.
- Women -- North America -- Correspondence.
Women -- North America -- Diaries.
Diaries -- Women authors.
Letters -- Women authors.
Women -- United States -- Correspondence.
Women -- Canada -- Correspondence.
Women -- Canada -- Diaries.
Women -- United States -- Diaries.
- Text. Correspondence.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries (NAWLD) is a full-text database of the personal experiences as reflected in the letters and diaries of 1,325 women who lived in North America before 1960.
- Includes data from colonial era to 1950.
Originator of project: Stephen Rhind-Tutt.
Produced in collaboration with the University of Chicago.
Description based on NAWLD web page (Alexander Street Press, viewed on January 20, 2011); title from home page.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Rhind-Tutt, Stephen.
Alexander Street Press.
University of Chicago.
Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.