Slim hopes [videorecording] : advertising and the obsession with thinness / a production of the Media Education Foundation ; written and presented by Jean Kilbourne ; executive producer, director, editor, Sut Jhally.
- Other Title:
- Advertising and the obsession with thinness
Subtitle on cassette and container: Advertising & the obsession with thinness
- Northampton, MA : Media Education Foundation, c1995.
1 videocassette (30 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Women in advertising.
Advertising -- Psychological aspects.
Leanness -- Social aspects.
Leanness -- Psychological aspects.
Body image -- Social aspects.
Body image in women -- Psychological aspects.
Eating disorders -- Social aspects.
Self-esteem in women -- United States.
Sex role in advertising.
- Medical subjects:
- Feeding and Eating Disorders -- psychology -- videocassettes.
Feeding and Eating Disorders -- etiology -- videocassettes.
Self Concept -- videocassettes.
Advertising -- trends -- videocassettes.
Body Image -- videocassettes.
Thinness -- psychology -- videocassettes.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- (Producer) Jean Kilbourne is the creator of the award winning film Still Killing Us Softly and a popular lecturer on college campuses. Using examples of over 120 ads from magazines and T.V., Slim Hopes offers a new way to think about demoralizing and life-threatening eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia.
- Impossible beauty
The waif look
Food & sex
Food & control
The weight loss industry
- Director of photography, Charles Pappert; research, Heather Odom; song performed by Annie Lennox.
- Kilbourne, Jean. , Producer
Jhally, Sut. , Director, Editor
Media Education Foundation. , Producer, Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|