Black Books Galore! guide to more great African American children's books / Donna Rand, Toni Trent Parker.
- Other Title:
- Guide to more great African American children's books
- New York : Wiley, ©2001.
viii, 247 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- African Americans -- Juvenile literature -- Bibliography.
American literature -- African American authors -- Bibliography.
Children's literature, American -- Bibliography.
African Americans in literature -- Bibliography.
Children -- Books and reading -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Designed to help parents, teachers, and other interested adults identify good books for and about African American children.
- How good books help children grow / James P. Comer
How to use this guide
"The season for reading" calendar
Books for babies and preschoolers
Books for early readers : grades K-3
Books for middle readers : grades 4-8
Appendix A : Books for parents and families
Appendix B : Book awards ; The Coretta Scott King Awards ; The Newbery Awards ; The Caldecott Awards ; Reading Rainbow selections
Appendix C : Reading interest web sites.
- Companion to: Black Books Galore! guide to great African American children's books. ©1998.
"Copyright ©2001 by Donna Rand and Toni Trent Parker"--verso of title page.
"Design and production by Navta Associates, Inc."--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Parker, Toni Trent, author.
Black Books Galore! (Firm)
John Wiley & Sons, publisher.
Navta Associates, book designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 047137525X (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|