Diaries, 1918-1939 : 1918-1921, 1933-1939 / Thomas Mann ; selection and foreword by Hermann Kesten ; translated from the German by Richard and Clara Winston.
- Standardized Title:
- Tagebücher. English. Selections
- Other Title:
- Thomas Mann Diaries 1918-1939
- New York : Harry N. Abrams, Inc., Publishers, [c1982].
vii, , 471,  p.,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits, facsimiles ; 28 cm.
- Mann, Thomas, 1875-1955 -- Diaries.
Novelists, German -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Abridged translation of his Tagebücher, 1918-1921, 1933-1934, 1935-1936, 1937-1939, originally published by S. Fischer, 1977-1980.
"Designer: Samuel N. Antupit."
"The notes are based almost entirely on the extraordinarily thorough and ingenious ones provided by the exemplary editor Peter de Mendelssohn for the German edition."--Foreword.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2 have dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has newspaper clippings laid in.
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1983".
Potok Collection copy has underlines and marginal marks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Kesten, Hermann, 1900-
Winston, Richard, translator.
Winston, Clara, translator.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|