Kula [videorecording] : ring of power / One World Films ; a Sky Visuals PTY. LTD. production ; a co-production with National Geographic Society ; produced by Gary Steer ; directed by Michael Balson ; written by Rob Scott-Mitchell, Richard Dennison.
- Honolulu, Hawaii : distributed by University of Hawai'i Press, c1991.
1 videocassette (51 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Massim (Papua New Guinea People) -- Rites and ceremonies.
Kula exchange -- Papua New Guinea -- Trobriand Islands.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Documents the practice of Kula, a system of exchange in the Trobriand Islands. Kula is a means of building relationships between tribes and individuals. It has the elements of witchcraft and the supernatural as well as being a force for goodwill.
- Narrator, Guy Blackmore.
- Edited by Michael Balson ; cinematography, Michael Dillon, Gary Steer ; music, Michael Atherton.
- Videocassette release of a documentary television program produced in 1991.
- Balson, Michael. , Director
Steer, Gary. , Producer
Scott-Mitchell, Rob. , Screenwriter
Dennison, Richard. , Screenwriter
Blackmore, Guy. , Narrator
National Geographic Society (U.S.). , Producer
Sky Visuals Pty. Ltd. , Producer
University of Hawaii (System). Press , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|