From sea to sea : letters of travel by Rudyard Kipling.
- Other records:
- First (American) edition.
- New York : Doubleday & McClure Company, 1899.
2 v. ; 20 cm.
- Voyages and travels.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- With half-title.
On verso of half t.p.: Swastika device with facsimile signature in circle.
Special correspondence and occasional articles writen for the Civil and Military Gazette and the Pioneer, 1887-1889.
In the Preface the author states he was "forced" to publish this revised material by the actions of American pirate publishers.
"The first edition, volume II, contains two errors. Page 90, line 12, has 'fifteen feet' instead of 'fifteen hundred feet'. Page 153, seventh line from bottom, has 'tacked around' instead of 'packed around'. These were corrected in later issues."--Cf. Stewart.
Special correspondence and occasional articles written for the Civil and military gazette and the Pioneer, 1887-1889.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy vol. 1 has autograph of Rudyard Kipling.
Culture Class Coolection copy has  leaf with notes written in ms. laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Wolf, Edwin, II (donor) (RBC copy 2)
Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Stewart, J. McG. Kipling, 198.
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|