Isabella, or, the fatal marriage : A tragedy, in five acts / Altered from Southern ; With a portrait of Mrs. Barnes, in the character of Isabella ; the plays carefully corrected from the promptbooks of the Philadelphia Theatre By M. Lopez, prompter.
- Other Title:
- Fatal marriage
- Lopez and Wemyss' edition.
- Philadelphia : Published by A.R. Poole, and Ash & Mason : P. Thompson, Washington : H.W. Bool, Baltimore : E.M. Murden, New York, for the proprietors, and to be had of all the principal booksellers in the United States, 
- Acting American theatre ; no. 7
The acting American theatre.
53 p.,  leaf of plates : 1 port. ; 18 cm.
- Edition statement and series title at head of title page. Identified as no. 7 in the series on wrapper.
With an added title page: Lopez and Wemyss' edition. Acting American Theatre. Containing the most popular plays, as they are performed at the Philadelphia Theatre; carefully corrected and published from the prompt books; and accompanied with likenesses of distinguished performers, in characters, engraved from portraits executed for the work, by eminent artists , by M. Lopez, prompter, of the Philadelphia and Baltimore theatres.
Altered by David Garrick.
Frontispiece portrait engraved by A.B. Durand from a painting by John Neagle.
Copyright Apr. 3, 1826 by Mathias Lopez and Francis C. Wemyss.
"Jesper Harding, printer."--verso of title page.
Date of publication from added title page.
Includes printed cast list for 1826 production at Philadelphia Theatre.
- Local notes:
- RBC 822C L883a v.2 bound with: Kenney, James. Sweethearts and wives. Philadelphia : Published by A.R. Poole, and Ash & Mason : P. Thompson, Wash. : H.W. Bool, Baltimore : E.M. Murden, New York, for the proprietors, and to be had of all the principal Booksellers in the United States, 1827. (Item 7 of 8)
- Penn Provenance:
- Tasker, L.H. (autograph, 1850) (RBC 822C L883a v.2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Shoemaker 24661
- Lopez, M. (Mathias), d. 1845, ed.
Wemyss, Francis Courtney, 1797-1859. ed.
Garrick, David, 1717-1779.
Chestnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|