Dogma [videorecording] / Lions Gate Films ; a View Askew Production ; the writer & director was Kevin Smith ; the producer was Scott Mosier.
- Other Title:
- Label on disc 1 has title: Mooby's Egg-a-moof'in
Label on disc 2 has title: Hosties : unleavened sugar wafers, now with marshaellow fish
- Special edition.
- Culver City, CA : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, c2000.
2 videodiscs (128 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Catholic Church -- Doctrines -- Drama.
Angels -- Drama.
Religion in motion pictures.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French or Spanish; subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; widescreen; Dolby digital 5.1 (English soundtrack).
- Two banished angels find a loophole that would get them back into heaven. The only snag? They'll be destroying existence in the process. In an effort to stop them, the overworked voice of God taps cynical mortal Bethany to save the world by preventing the angels from reaching their unholy destination. Along the way he meets two unlikely prophets named Jay and Silent Bob, and the quick-witted thirteenth apostle.
- Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Linda Fiorentino, Salma Hayek, Jason Lee, Jason Mewes, Alan Rickman, Chris Roc, George Carlin.
- Director of photography, Robert Yeoman; film editors, Kevin Smith, Scott Mosier; music, Howard Shore.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1999.
Duration is for disc 1 (the feature); disc 2 is 100+ min.
Special features: Disc 1: Cast and crew commentary ; technical commentary with director and crew ; scene selections with motion images. Disc 2: Complete set of storyboards from 3 major scenes ; 100 minutes of deleted scenes ; cast and crew outtakes ; talent files ; theatrical trailer.
- Smith, Kevin, 1970- , Director, Screenwriter
Mosier, Scott. , Producer
Affleck, Ben, 1972- , Actor
Damon, Matt. , Actor
Fiorentino, Linda. , Actor
Hayek, Salma, 1968- , Actor
Lee, Jason. , Actor
Mewes, Jason, 1974- , Actor
Rickman, Alan. , Actor
Rock, Chris. , Actor
Carlin, George. , Actor
Lion's Gate Films. , Producer
View Askew Productions. , Producer
Columbia TriStar Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
05614 Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment