Some advice humbly offer'd to the members of the October Club, in a letter from a person of honour.
- Other Title:
- Some advice humbly offered to the members of the October Club, in a letter from a person of honour
- London : Printed for John Morphew ..., 1712.
16 p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- irme a-is lep- asfo (3) 1712 (A)
- October Club, London
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1702-1714 -- Pamphlets.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- A person of honour is Jonathan Swift. Cf. ESTC.
Title within double-ruled border.
The October club was a club of Tory M.P.s who met at the Bell to drink October ale. Cf. The Oxford companion to English literature.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound with: Fletcher, Andrew. The thoughts of a member of the October Club, about a partition of Spain. [London] : Printed for John Baker ..., [1711?]. With armorial bookplate of John Campbell, Earl of Loudoun on front pastedown and ms. list of contents on preliminary leaves. [Item 20 of 23]
Culture Class Collection copy left board detached; spine split and broken.
- Penn Provenance:
- Loudoun, John Campbell, Earl of, 1705-1782 (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T49240
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|