Man Ray, prophet of the avant-garde [videorecording] / a production of Thirteen/WNET ; produced and directed by Mel Stuart ; written by Neil Baldwin.
- [New York] : Thirteen/WNET, ; WinStar TV and Video[ distributor] 1999,c1997.
1 videocassette (56 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Ray, Man, 1890-1976.
Arts, Modern -- 20th century.
Artists -- United States -- Biography.
- Local subjects:
- Art and architecture videos.
- Television programs.
Documentary television programs.
- System Details:
- VHS - NTSC.
- A profile of the life and art of Man Ray from his youth in Brooklyn, his struggle for acceptance in the New York art scene, his move to the Paris Dada/Surrealist arts community, and his influence on later artists and photographers. Includes archival stills and films with excerpts from interviews with Man Ray and some of his contemporaries.
- Narrator, Stockard Channing.
- Photographers, Phillip Hurn, et al. ; editor, Bryan McKenzie.
- Based on the book Man Ray, American artist by Neil Baldwin.
"An American masters special."
- Stuart, Mel. , Director, Producer
Baldwin, Neil, 1947- , Screenwriter
Channing, Stockard. , Narrator
Baldwin, Neil, 1947- , Author
WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.). , Producer
- Publisher Number:
- WHE71178 Educational Broadcasting Corp.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|