The 4th Annual Homelessness Marathon, January 25, 2001 [sound recording] / produced by the Nobody Show.
- Other Title:
- Fourth Annual Homelessness Marathon
Annual homelessness marathon
- [New York : Jeremy Alderson, 2001].
- Conference Name:
- Annual Homelessness Marathon (4th : 2001 : Cambridge, Mass.)
7 sound cassettes (ca. 14 hrs.) : analog.
- Homeless persons -- United States.
Homeless persons -- Services for -- United States.
Homeless women -- United States.
Homeless youth -- United States.
Older homeless persons -- United States.
Homeless persons -- Poetry.
Homelessness -- United States.
- A marathon radio program of issues surrounding homelessness in America with interviews and panel discussions by service providers, authors in the field, and homeless persons.
- Hour 1. Opening remarks / Nobody ; Panel of homeless youth
Hour 2. Interview / Vicki Lovell ; Falling out the bottom: how the new economy creates new homelessness / Ellen Frank, Tom Hirschl
Hour 3. Poems from Street Roots ; homelessness and race / John "Indio" Washington, Willie Ratcliff
Hour 4. Interview / Dennis Culhane ; Interviews / "the Priest" ; Voices of the Homeless ; Panel of homeless elders. Hour 5. Panel of homeless elders continued ; panel of disabled homeless
Hour 6. Interview / Sheila Crowley ; Why good intentions aren't enough: a look at Boston and Cambridge / Macy Delong, Vicki Coleman, Ed Cameron
Hour 7. Interview / Richard Wexler ; Women and homelessness / Julia Tripp, Stephanie Golden
Hour 8. Interview / Robert Young ; open mic hour
Hour 9. Interview / Jay Davidson ; Gentrification / Tom Boland, Paul Boden. Hour 10. Interview / Randy Albelda ; Going hungry: how do poor people eat? / Richard Edmundson, Kathleen Gorman.
Hour 11. Interview / Garrison Smith ; Open mic hour / host, Linda Pinkow
Hour 12. Poems from street newspapers ; Rights: do homeless people have any? / Laurel Weir, Cheri Hankala
Hour 12. Interview / Tom Slater ; Health care and homelessness / Dr. Jim O'Connel, Steffi Woolhandler
Interview / Anders Corr ; Can the problem be solved? / MaryAnne Gleason, Deborah W. Lyttle.
- Recorded Jan. 25, 2001, in Cambridge, Massachussetts by "Nobody" (aka Jeremy Alderson) with participants noted in contents.
- Alderson, Jeremy Weir.
- Falling out the bottom: how the new economy creates new homelessness.
Homelessness and race.
Voices of the homeless.
Why good intentions aren't enough: a look at Boston and Cambridge.
Women and homelessness.
Going hungry: how do poor people eat?
Rights: do homeless people have any?
Health care and homelessness.
Can the problem be solved?
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|