The man who would be king [videorecording] / Emanuel L. Wolf presents an Allied Artists/Columbia Pictures production ; produced by John Foreman ; directed by John Huston.
- Widescreen format.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, c1997.
1 videodisc (129 min.) : sd. col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936 -- Film adaptations.
Adventure and adventurers -- Afghanistan -- Nūristān -- Drama.
Treasure troves -- Afghanistan -- Nūristān -- Drama.
British -- Afghanistan -- Nūristān -- Drama.
Nūristān (Afghanistan) -- Drama.
Imperialism -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English language with English, French and Spanish subtitles.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Danny Dravot and Peachy Carnehan leave 19th century India and set out for the isolated, primitive land of Kafiristan, whose people haven't seen an outsider in hundreds of years. Peachy becomes lord of the kingdom's treasury, a huge chamber spilling over with limitless gold and priceless rare jewels. Danny is first crowned king, then, declared a god.
- Sean Connery, Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer, Saeed Jaffrey, Doghmi Larbi, Shakira Caine.
- Screenplay by John Huston and Gladys Hill ; music, Maurice Jarre ; editing, Russell Lloyd ; director of photography, Oswald Morris.
- Based on the story by Rudyard Kipling.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1975.
Special features include: Interactive menus ; production notes ; scene access ; 8 theatrical trailers ; documentary, Call it magic : the making of The man who would be king.
- Wolf, Emanuel L. , Producer
Huston, John, 1906-1987 , Director, Screenwriter
Foreman, John, 1925-1992. , Producer
Hill, Gladys, 1916-1981. , Screenwriter
Connery, Sean. , Actor
Caine, Michael. , Actor
Plummer, Christopher. , Actor
Jarre, Maurice. , Composer
Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936. , Author
Allied Artists Pictures Corporation. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
858 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|