Citizen Kane [videorecording] / RKO Radio Pictures ; a Mercury production ; direction/production, Orson Welles ; screenplay, Herman J. Mankiewicz, Orson Welles. The battle over Citizen Kane / produced by Thomas Lennon, Michael Epstein ; written by Richard Ben Cramer & Thomas Lennon ; a Lennon Documentary Group film for the American experience ; WGBH Boston.
- Other Title:
- Citizen Kane ; The battle over Citizen Kane [videorecording]
- Two-disc special ed.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, .
2 videodiscs : sd., b&w, col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Citizen Kane (Motion picture)
Welles, Orson, 1915-1985.
Motion pictures -- History.
Hearst, William Randolph, 1863-1951.
Motion picture industry -- California -- Hollywood -- History.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Soundtrack in English ; English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles available on feature film disc ; English subtitles available on documentary disc.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital; feature film: English mono.; documentary: English stereo.
- Feature film: An all-powerful press magnate, Kane, dies in his fabulous castle Xanadu, his last word being "Rosebud", which leads a reporter to seek the meaning behind the word and find the meaning of Kane. Prominant publisher, William Randolph Hearst, saw the film as a thinly disguised version of his career and attempted to suppress it. Documentary: Looks at the lives and careers of Orson Welles and William Randolph Hearst, and how Hearst tried to surpress the film Citizen Kane and destroy Welles.
- [disc 1] Citizen Kane (119 min.)
[disc 2] The battle over Citizen Kane (113 min.)
- Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore.
Narrator of documentary: David McCullough.
- Feature film: photography, Gregg Toland; editor, Robert Wise; music, Bernard Herrmann. Documentary: directors of photography, Greg Andracke, Michael Chin; edited by Ken Eluto; narrated by Richard Ben Cramer; music, Brian Keane.
- Feature film is videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1941; documentary disc is the videodisc release of a program in the television documentary series The American experience, originally broadcast in 1996.
"Newly remastered picture and sound." -- cover of container.
Special features: Feature film: interactive menus, scene selection, theatrical trailer, production notes, filmmaker postscripts and awards data, two feature-length audio commentaries, one by Roger Ebert, the other by Peter Bogdanovich, 1941 movie premiere newsreel, gallery of storyboards, rare photos, alternative ad campaigns, studio correspondence, call sheets, and other memorabilia. Documentary: Welles filmography.
- Welles, Orson, 1915-1985 , Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Actor
Mankiewicz, Herman J. (Herman Jacob), 1897-1953 , Screenwriter
Cotten, Joseph, 1905-1994 , Actor
Comingore, Dorothy, 1913-1971. , Actor
Moorehead, Agnes, 1906-1974. , Associated name
Sloane, Everett, 1909-1965. , Associated name
Toland, Gregg. , Photographer
Wise, Robert, 1914-2005. , Photographer
Herrmann, Bernard, 1911-1975 , Composer
McCullough, David G. , Narrator
Lennon, Thomas. , Producer, Screenwriter
Epstein, Michael. , Producer
Cramer, Richard Ben. , Screenwriter
Keane, Brian. , Composer
Lennon Documentary Group. , Producer
WGBH Educational Foundation. , Producer
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Producer
RKO Radio Pictures. , Producer
Mercury Productions. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Battle over Citizen Kane [videorecording].
- Publisher Number:
- T6565 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|