Carrie [videorecording] / Redbank Films ; United Artists ; producers, Brian De Palma, Paul Monash ; writer, Lawrence D. Cohen ; director, Brian De Palma.
- Special ed.
- Santa Monica, CA : MGM Home Entertainment, , c1976.
1 videodisc (98 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- King, Stephen, 1947 -- -Film adaptations.
High school students -- Drama.
Psychokinesis -- Drama.
Child abuse -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, French or Spanish dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; widescreen; Dolby digital.
- "Carrie White is a shy young girl who doesn't make friends easily. After her class mates taunt her about her horrified reaction to her totally unexpected first period one of them takes pity on her and gets Tommy Ross, her boyfriend and class hunk to invite Carrie to the senior prom. Meanwhile another girl who has been banned from the prom for her continued aggressive behaviour is not as forgiving and plans a trick to embarrass Carrie in front of the whole school. What she doesn't realise is that Carrie is-- gifted, and you really don't want to get her angry"--Internet Movie Database.
- Sissy Spacek, John Travolta, Piper Laurie.
- Cinematography, Mario Tosi; editor, Paul Hirsch; original music by Pino Donaggio.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1976.
Based on the novel by Stephen King.
Special features: 45-minute "Acting Carrie" documentary; 45-minute "Visualizing Carrie" documentary; "Carrie: the musical" featurette with Betty Buckley and L.D. Cohen; Stephen King and the writing of Carrie; animated photo gallery; original theatrical trailer and more.
- De Palma, Brian. , Director, Producer
Monash, Paul, 1917- , Producer
Cohen, Lawrence D.. , Producer
Spacek, Sissy. , Actor
Travolta, John, 1954- , Actor
Laurie, Piper, 1932- , Actor
Tosi, Mario. , Photographer
Donaggio, Pino. , Composer
King, Stephen, 1947- , Author
Redbank Films. , Producer
MGM Home Entertainment Inc. , Distributor
United Artists Corporation. , Producer
- Publisher Number:
1002332 MGM Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|