Interview conducted by Oliver Daniel, Aug. 14, 1976 [sound recording].
- Aug. 14, 1976
1 sound cassette : analog.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape
digital : 4 3/4 in.
- All-American Youth Orchestra.
- Zazofsky recalls his first meeting with Stokowski while a student at the Curtis Institute of Music; playing with the All-American Youth Orchestra; Stokowski's arrangement of musicians on the stage and his assignment of colors to various sections of the orchestra. He mentions Herbert Baumell, Harry Bern, Alexander Hillsberg, and others, and the influence of Stokowski and Koussevitzky on his playing.
- Recorded on Aug 14, 1976 in Lenox, Mass. at the Tanglewood Festival.
Original copy: cassette tape 23; preservation copy: one 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape 26; service copy: one compact disk CD 026. Preservation and service copies recorded October and November 2000.
- Daniel, Oliver, interviewer.
- Contained In:
- Oliver Daniel Research Collection on Leopold Stokowski. Folder 930; Box 51, CD 026.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|