Interview conducted by Oliver Daniel, Dec. 5, 1976 [sound recording].
- Dec. 5, 1976
1 sound cassette : analog.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape
digital : 4 3/4 in.
- Spanish-born American composer and conductor.
- Surinach discusses his early awareness of Stokowski through the movies, his arrival in the United States, Stokowski's sound, Stokowski's performance of Surinach's Melorhythmic Dramas and Tientos, Stokowski's Bach transcriptions, Stokowski's performance of other Spanish music, a comparison of Stokowski and Mitropoulos, and the effectiveness of elderly conductors. He mentions Alicia de Larrocha, Herbert von Karajan, Otto Klemperer, Bruno Walter, and Arthur Judson.
- Recorded on Dec. 5, 1976, in Ardsley, N.Y.
Original copy: cassette tape 35; preservation copy: one 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape 42; service copy: one compact disk CD 042. Preservation and service copies recorded October and November 2000.
- Daniel, Oliver, interviewer.
- Contained In:
- Oliver Daniel Research Collection on Leopold Stokowski. Folder 885; Box 52, CD 042.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|