Interview conducted by Oliver Daniel, Apr. 13, 1977 [sound recording].
- Apr. 13, 1977
1 sound cassette : analog.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape
digital : 4 3/4 in.
- All-American Youth Orchestra.
- Violinist, played with the American Youth Orchestra; teacher, Juilliard School of Music.
- DeLay remembers meeting Stokowski for the first time with her teacher Michael Press; auditioning for Stokowski for the American Youth Orchestra and performing with the Orchestra for two seasons. She discusses Stokowski's attention to sound; experimentation when recording; and remembers meeting Henry Cowell and performing his works.
- Recorded on Apr. 13, 1977 in New York, N.Y. at the Juilliard School.
Original copy: cassette tape 53; preservation copy: one 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape 66; service copy: one compact disk CD 066. Preservation and service copies recorded November 2000.
- Daniel, Oliver, interviewer.
- Contained In:
- Oliver Daniel Research Collection on Leopold Stokowski. Folder 573; Box 53, CD 066.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|