Interview conducted by Oliver Daniel, July 27, 1978 [sound recording].
- July 27, 1978
1 sound cassette : analog.
1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 2 tracks, NAB standard ; 10 1/2 in., 1/4 in. tape.
digital : 4 3/4 in.
- Iturbi, Jose, 1895-1980.
Vanderbilt, Gloria, 1924-2019.
New York City Symphony.
- Theater impresario and publicist.
- Dalrymple discusses how Stokowski declined to hire her while he was making 100 Men and a Girl but how she wrote an article about him; how she organized with the State Department an orchestral good will tour of South America that fell apart in the end; how she was involved in Stokowski's organizing of the New York City Symphony at the City Center, where Claire Reis was on the board; how she was involved in Gloria Vanderbilt's acting career; and how she worked with Jose Iturbi. She mentions Mike Meyerberg.
- Recorded on July 27, 1978, at BMI, New York City.
This interview was set up in a brief conversation which is recorded on cassette tape 127 and reel to reel tape and CD 154.
Original copy: cassette tape 144; preservation copy: one 10 1/2 in. reel to reel tape 179; service copy: one compact disk CD 179. Preservation and service copies recorded December 2000.
- Daniel, Oliver, interviewer.
- Contained In:
- Oliver Daniel Research Collection on Leopold Stokowski. Folder 555; Box 57, CD 179.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|