The Chinese classics : with a translation, critical and exegetical notes, prolegomena, and copious indexes / by James Legge.
- Other records:
- Hongkong : Legge ; London : Trübner, 1861-1872.
5 v. in 8 : fold. maps ; 26 cm.
- Chinese literature.
Chinese literature -- Translations into English.
China -- Maps.
China -- History.
- 1. Confucian analects, the Great learning, and the doctrine of the mean
2. The works of Mencius
3. The Shoo king, or the Book of historical documents; pt. 1. The first parts of the Shoo king, or the Books of T'ang; the Books of Yu; the Books of Hea; the Books of Shang; and the Prolegomena. pt. 2. The fifth part of the Shoo king, or the Books of Chow; and the indexes
4. The She king, or the Book of poetry: pt. 1. The first part of the She-king, or the Lessons from the states; and the Prolegomena. pt. II. The second, third and fourth parts of the She-king, or the Minor odes of the kingdom, the Greater odes of the kingdom, the Sacrificial odes and praise-songs; and the indexes
5. The Ch'un ts'ew, with the Tso chuen: pt. 1. Dukes Yin, Hwan. Chwang, Min, He, Wan, Seuen, and Ch'ing; and the Prolegomena. pt. 2. Dukes Seang, Ch'aou, Ting, and Gae, with Tao's appendix; and the indexes.
- Vols. 4-5 have imprint: Hongkong : Lane, Crawford & co. : London [etc.].
Photocopy. Philadelphia, PA : University of Pennsylvania Libraries, Photoduplication Dept., 1999. 28 cm.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|