A modern Arcadia : Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. and the plan for Forest Hills Gardens / Susan L. Klaus.
- Other Title:
- Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. and the plan for Forest Hills Gardens
- Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press in association with Library of American Landscape History, c2002.
xii, 207 p. : ill., facsims., plans, ports. ; 26 cm.
- Planned communities -- New York (State) -- New York -- Case studies.
Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1870-1957.
Forest Hills (New York, N.Y.).
- "A garden city for America"
All in the family : Olmsted's early career
"A suburban town built on business principles": the foundation's experiment
"The thoroughness with which things are done here" : planning and construction
"The English type" : architectural and landscape design
"Normal and usual social conditions" : marketing and management
"A village of rare charm" : why We Chose Forest Hills Gardens
The Legacy of Forest Hills Gardens.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1870-1957.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|