Theory of psychoanalytic technique [by] Karl A. Menninger and Philip S. Holzman.
- 2d ed.
- New York, Basic Books, Inc., Publisher, 
- Menninger Clinic monograph series ; no. 12.
Menninger Clinic monograph series, no. 12
xiii, 208 pages illustrations 24 cm.
- Medical subjects:
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Introduction and historical review
The Contract. The psychoanalytic treatment situation as a two-party transaction
The Regression. The reaction of the party of the first part to the psychoanalytic treatment situation
Transference and Countertransference. The involuntary participation of both parties in the treatment situation
Resistance. The involuntary paradoxical reactions of the party of the first part to the psychoanalytic treatment situation
Interpretation and Other Intervention. Voluntary participation of the party of the second part in the psychoanalytic treatment situation
Termination. Severance of the contract between the two parties
- Contains prefaces to first and second editions.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 191-201) and index.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy has ms. note on front flyleaf: Adena Potok, Philadelphia, October, 1978.
Potok Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (autograph) (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Holzman, Philip S., 1922-2004.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Menninger, Karl A. (Karl Augustus), 1893-1990. Theory of psychoanalytic technique.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|