Captive passage : the transatlantic slave trade and the making of the Americas.
- Washington [D.C.] : Published by Smithsonian Institution Press, 2002.
- Newport News, Virginia : In association with The Mariners' Museum,
- Government document
208 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 29 cm
- Slave trade -- Africa.
Slave trade -- America.
Slave trade -- Europe.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington (D.C.)
United States Virginia Newport News.
- Human commerce / Edward Reynolds
Africa : the source / John Thornton
The Middle Passage / Colin A. Palmer
The Henrietta Marie / Madeleine H. Burnside
The African disapora : resistance and survival / Linda M. Heywood
Life in the New World / Philip D. Morgan
Struggles for freedom / James Brewer Stewart
Black sailors making selves / W. Jeffrey Bolster.
- "This book is a companion volume to the traveling exhibition ... organized by The Mariners' Museum in Newport News, Virginia, in association with South Street Seaport Museum in New York City and the National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside in Liverpool."
"Beverly C. McMillan developed and edited this volume for The Mariners' Museum and wrote the accompany boxed features ..."
"Except where otherwise noted, the illustrations, paintings, and artifacts shown in this book are from the Collection of The Mariners' Museum."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-199) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- McMillan, Beverly, editor.
Mariners' Museum (Newport News, Va.)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 1588340376 (alk. paper)
1588340171 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|