Reminiscences of Abraham Lincoln by distinguished men of his time / collected and edited by Allen Thorndike Rice ...
- Other records:
- New York : North American Publishing Company ..., 1886. , ©1885
- New York : Press of J. J. Little & Co. ...
lxix,  pages, 1 leaf, 2-13, 656 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits, facsimiles (1 folded) ; 24 cm
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- General Ulysses S. Grant
Hon. Elihu B. Washburne
Hon. George W. Julian
Hon. R.E. Fenton
Hon. J.P. Usher
Hon. George S. Boutwell
General Benjamin F. Butler
Charles Carlton Coffin
Judge Lawrence Weldon
Benjamin Perley Poore
Titan J. Coffey
Rev. Henry Ward Beecher
Hon. William D. Kelley
Hon. Cassius M. Clay
Col. Robert G. Ingersoll
Hon. Schuyler Colfax
Hon. Daniel W. Voorhees
Hon. Charles A. Dana
Hon. John A. Kasson
General James B. Fry
Hon. Hugh McCulloch
Hon. Chauncey M. Depew
David R. Locke
James C. Welling
John B. Alley
- Biographical sketches [of authors]: pages 609-649.
Biographical sketches [of authors]: p. 609-649.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy has yellow paper slip with manuscript notes in pencil laid in.
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
Whitman Collection copy has dated 19th-century manuscript gift inscription ("To my parents with affectionate regard. Geo. P. Finley. July 1886") on half-title leaf.
Whitman Collection copy has 4 newspaper clippings laid in: 1 headlined "Mr. Balfour Overcome", 1 headlined "Still a Confederate. Gen. Cabell's Sensational Remarks at Reunion of Missouri Grays" (dated in manuscript: 1901), 1 headlined "Reprimand for 'Fighting Bob'" (dated in manuscript 1901), and 1 headlined "Mrs. Surratt's Case" (from the Washington Star, 23 July 1901, with manuscript note in pencil: Wash. D.C.)
Whitman Collection copy: front free endpaper detached; binding partially detached from textblock.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Finley, George P. (autograph) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J., Walt Whitman, G 26, page 940
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892, contributor.
Finley, George P., inscriber.
Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
North American Publishing Company, publisher.
J.J. Little & Co., printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Rice, Allen Thorndike, 1851-1889. Reminiscences of Abraham Lincoln by distinguished men of his time.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|