Democratic vistas : and other papers / by Walt Whitman.
- Other records:
- London : Walter Scott ... ; Toronto : W.J. Gage & Co., 1888.
- Felling, Newcastle-on-Tyne : Printed by Walter Scott ...
- Camelot series.
The Camelot series
, 175,  pages ; 18 cm
- United States -- Politics and government.
United States -- Civilization -- 1865-1918.
Politics and government
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "Published by arrangement with the author."
Place of printing and printer's name from colophon on page 175.
"[U]ndated eight-page publisher's catalogue, with Democratic Vistas the last title listed on p. , bound in at the back."--Myerson.
Myerson describes 2 states of binding ("A-B"), the priority uncertain. For a full description of each, see Myerson pages 161-162.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy has a few manuscript notes and some marks in pencil in text; yellow paper slip with manuscript bibliographical notes in pencil laid in.
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
Whitman Collection copy has dated 19th-century autograph ("J.W. Wallace 14 Eagle St. Haulgh Bolton June 2/88") on front free endpaper.
Whitman Collection copy bound in Myerson binding style "B" with untrimmed fore- and tail edges. Housed in clamshell case.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Wallace, J. W. (James William), 1853-1926 (autograph) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J., Walt Whitman, A 4.3.a1, pages 160-163
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
Wallace, J. W. (James William), 1853-1926, former owner.
Walter Scott Publishing Co., publisher.
W. J. Gage and Company, publisher.
Walter Scott Press, printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Democratic vistas.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|