Leaves of grass : including Sands at seventy, Good bye my fancy, Old age echoes, and A backward glance o'er travel'd roads / by Walt Whitman.
- London : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1897.
Boston : Small, Maynard & Company, 1897.
- Boston : Press of George H. Ellis
6 unnumbered pages, 446 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : portrait ; 21 cm
- American poetry -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States Massachusetts Boston.
- "Entered at Stationers Hall."--Title page verso.
"Author's note from 1891-2 edition.": Unnumbered page 6.
Frontispiece plate (portrait of Walt Whitman) with guard sheet.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
Whitman Collection copy formerly owned by Isaac Hull Platt, with his illustrated bookplate on front pastedown. Cf. Stan. V. Henkels (Firm), Library of the late Dr. Isaac Hull Platt of Philadelphia and from other sources, no. 31, page 5.
Whitman Collection copy bound in publisher's full light green cloth; left board and spine decorated with stylized green floral panels; title and author's name stamped in gold in upper left corner of left board and at head of spine; publisher's name stamped in green at foot of spine; gilt tops; untrimmed fore- and tail edges.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Platt, Isaac Hull, 1853-1912 (bookplate) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J. Walt Whitman, C8.1.g₃
- Ellis, George H. (Printer), printer.
Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
Platt, Isaac Hull, 1853-1912, former owner.
G.P. Putnam's Sons, publisher.
Small, Maynard & Company, publisher.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|