Masterful illusions : Japanese prints in the Anne Van Biema collection / Ann Yonemura ; contributions by Donald Keene ... [et al.].
- Other Title:
- Japanese prints in the Anne van Biema collection
- Washington, D.C. : Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution ; Seattle : In association with University of Washington Press, c2002.
ix, 362 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.
- Color prints, Japanese -- Edo period, 1600-1868 -- Exhibitions.
Ukiyoe -- Exhibitions.
Kabuki in art -- Exhibitions.
Biema, Anne van -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Prints -- Private collections -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Local subjects:
- Biema, Anne van -- Art collections.
- Masterful illusions: the Anne van Biema collection of Japanese prints
Osaka Kabuki actor prints: artists as patrons
Warriors and heroes
Court classics and popular prints: poetry and parody in Ukiyo-e.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C., Sept. 15, 2002-Jan. 19, 2003.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 352-356) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Keene, Donald.
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Gilbert, Shirley, and Marilyn Luber Collection
- 0295982705 (alk. paper)
0295982713 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|