Game over [videorecording] : gender, race & violence in video games / produced and directed by Nina Huntemann.
- Other Title:
- Gender, race & violence in video games
- Northhampton, MA : Media Education Foundation, c2000.
1 videocassette (41 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Video games.
Video games and children.
Video games -- Psychological aspects.
Video games -- Social aspects.
Electronic games -- Social aspects.
Electronic games -- Psychological aspects.
Women in mass media.
Children and violence.
Stereotypes (Social psychology)
- System Details:
- This documentary addresses the fastest growing segment of the media, video games, through engaging questions of gender, race and violence. What are the messages of video games? Are video games desensitizing children to violence? How is race represented? Are interactive video games different from television? What images of masculinity and power are offered? What images of women exist in the video game world?
- Commentaries by Andrea Hairston ... [et al.]
- Executive producer, Sut Jhally ; camera, Susan Ericsson ... [et al.] ; editor, Jeremy Smith ; graphics, Jeremy Smith, Ed May ; music, Thom Monahan.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Huntemann, Nina B., 1970- , Producer, Director
Hairston, Andrea. , Commentator
Jhally, Sut. , Producer
Media Education Foundation. , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|