Sermones quadragesimales thesauri noui.
- Other Title:
- Goff title: Sermones quadragesimales thesauri novi
Incipit: Incipiu[n]t sermo[n]es quadragesimales notabiles at[que] perutiles q[ue] thesaurus nouus intitulant[ur]
- Argentine impressum : [Martin Flach], Anno D[omi]ni Mcccclxxxxiiij 
 leaves ; 30 cm.
- i.v. hivt ree- Thla (C) 1494 (R)
- Lenten sermons -- Early works to 1800.
- Incunabula -- France -- Strasbourg -- 1494.
Wooden boards (Binding)
- Place of Publication:
- France Strasbourg.
- Printer's name supplied from ISTC; place and date of printing from colophon on leaf v6r, which reads: Opus perutile sermonu[m] quadragesimalium Thesaurus nouus nuncupatu[m] Argentine impressum. Anno d[omi]ni M.cccclxxxxiiij. Finit feliciter.
Signatures: a-c⁸ d-e⁶ f⁸ g-h⁶ i⁸ k⁶ l-q⁶/⁸ r-v⁶.
Chancery folio, printed in double columns. Leaf a3v: 53 lines to a full column, plus headline; area of text: 197 (212) x 129 mm.; col. width: 61 mm. Initial spaces and guide letters; spaces for paragraph marks. With signatures; without foliation or catchwords.
- Local notes:
- Leaf size: 277 x 200 mm.
Penn Libraries copy has ms. inscription ("Collegii Sti. Benigni Augustiensis") on title leaf; printed slip with bookseller's description pasted to title leaf; ms. inscription ("Collegio S. Benigni") at head of leaf a2r; a few ms. underlines and marginal marks and notes supplied by a reader in text; ms. inscription at foot of leaf v6r, struck through, leaving a corresponding blot on leaf v5v that obscures a few words of text.
From the library of Henry Charles Lea. With his bookplate affixed to front pastedown.
Penn Libraries copy bound in full blind-stamped leather over wooden boards; 3 raised bands on spine; author's name and date of printing stamped in gold on spine; remains of 1 leather clasp and evidence of another; 1 metal catchplate and evidence of another; 2 early vellum ms. leaves (ruled in lead and written in double columns in brown ink with marginalia supplied in red; the second leaf also has section marks supplied in red) from a Latin theological text used as pastedowns.
- Penn Provenance:
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909 (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Goff P-506
BN cat. des incun. P-263
- Flach, Martin, d. 1500, printer.
Incunable Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|