A peddler's pack [sound recording] : a collection of early colonial songs.
- Washington, D.C. : Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, [2000 or 2001?]
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Folk songs, English -- New England.
Ballads, English -- New England.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings -- New England. (search)
Ethnic music recordings, English -- New England. (search)
- Revolutionary medley: The girl I left behind me ; The vicar of Bray ; The British grenadiers ; Yankee Doodle (1:39)
Plymouth colony (2:50)
Cape Cod shanty (2:24)
The deer song (2:01)
Cape Ann (2:27)
Counting rhyme ; The young man who wouldn't hoe corn (1:39)
Three jolly rogues of Lynn (2:01)
The Connecticut peddler (:41)
Jolly old Roger (3:40)
Work rhymes (:44)
The old man who lived in the wood (1:40)
Jennie Jenkins (1:59)
My grandmother lived on yonder green (1:41)
Froggie would a-wooing go (3:07)
Maple sweet (2:32)
The logger's boast (2:23)
Revolutionary tea (3:02)
Rolling home (4:45).
- Sung by Jim Douglas acc. by various other musicians.
- Originally issued on analog disc in 1979 by Folkways Records (FTS 32319)
Program notes, lyrics and bibliography (8 p. : ill.) inserted in slipcase.
- Publisher Number:
- F-32319 Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
FTS 32319 Folkways Records
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|