- [Leipzig : Melchior Lotter, ca. 1500]
 leaves ; 19 cm. (4to)
- uere ilns deci tat* (C) 1500 (Q)
- Christian life -- Early works to 1800.
- Incunabula -- Germany -- Leipzig -- 1500.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Leipzig.
- Latin and German (i.e. 46 Latin hexameter couplets, each followed by a free translation into a German quatrain or couplet).
- Title from title leaf (leaf a1r).
Chancery quarto. Leaf a2r: 32 lines; area of text: 141 x 84 mm. Initial spaces with guide letters. Printed paragraph mark. With signatures; without foliation or catchwords.
Includes Epistola ad Senatum Romanum de Jesu Christo by Publius Lentulus.
- Local notes:
- Leaf size: 180 x 123 mm.
Penn Libraries copy without rubrication.
Penn Libraries copy: lines 1-8 of leaf a1r surrounded by a ms. rectangle in pencil; evidence of effacement in initial space on leaf a1r; evidence of ms. initial "A" in initial space on leaf a6r; a few modern ms. bibliographical notes in pencil on front pastedown.
Purchased for the Penn Libraries in 1952.
Penn Libraries copy has paper slip with bookseller's printed description of this copy affixed to front pastedown.
Penn Libraries copy bound in full modern parchment with fore-edge flaps (each ca. 5 mm. in width); ms. title ("Regimen Moralitatis") and supposed imprint ("Leipzig, Kachelofen, ca. 1490") on spine.
Penn Libraries copy has a few pinpoint wormholes in leaves; leaves closely cropped at head margin; leaf a1 mended at inner margin; tail inner corner of leaf a2 torn off.
- Penn Chronology:
- 1500 (ca.)
- Cited in:
- Goff R-44a
- Lotter, Melchior, ca. 1470-1549, printer.
Incunable Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Lentulus, Publius. Epistola ad Senatum Romanum de Jesu Christo.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|