The whole book of Psalmes [microform] / collected into English meeter by Thomas Sternhold, John Hopkins, and others ; set forth and allowed to be sung in all churches, of all the people together, before and after morning and evening-prayer, and also before and after sermons, and moreover in private houses for their godly solace and comfort, laying apart all ungodly songs and ballades, which tend onely to the nourishing of vice, and corrupting of youth.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Whole book of psalms. 1638
- London : Printed by G.M. for the Companie of Stationers, 1638.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1623:11.
Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1744:13.
91,  p.
- Bible. O.T.. Psalms. -- Paraphrases, English.
- "Cum Privilegio Regis Regali."
Title within ornamental border.
Imprint may be false. STC suggests: Holland, G. Miller.
Reproductions of originals in the Bodleian Library (reel 1623) and British Library (reel 1744).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1623:11 and 1744:13)
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 2680.3
- Hopkins, John, d. 1570.
- Bible. O.T. Psalms. English. Sternhold and Hopkins. 1638.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|